View Single Post
Old 03-15-09, 07:44 AM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked 3,808 Times in 1,411 Posts
Originally Posted by kunsei83
Wow, way to quote my one sentence out of the whole paragraph and generalizing me. What you don't get and what lots of other people don't get is that I'm not arguing at all about the excitement and fun of watching the Giro. I'm not saying at all that Giro is a bad race. It is a great race with tough mountain stages, and much much more unexpected attacks and crazy fans. However, bottom line and the fact is that the Tour de France in the modern era brings the best GC riders (except Contador last year b/c he couldn't ride in the Tour) in the top form, best teams, and the most pressure out of all of the races.

I'm a fan of competition. I want to see the best duke it out. I feel like I've repeated myself over and over.
Except the best Italian racers race in the Giro and are not peaking for the Tour.

Originally Posted by 40 cent
Ebeth, that refers to chainring x rear cog, so 30x36 is the smallest (granny gear) up front and largest cog, i.e., the easiest gear. A 30x36 is even a negative gear ratio I believe (http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gears/), meaning your feet are rotating faster than your wheel. Pros generally don't use triple chainrings BTW so no granny gear for them.
Correct, but when was the last time a pro used a triple in a Grand Tour? If you answered stage 17 in the Giro, you also would be correct.