View Single Post
Old 03-18-09, 06:15 PM
delver
Toeclips are real

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
congrats on a great bike. I found mine in a field(covered and hadn't been there long) and paid a buck for it, never regreted the money... Even though its a bit smaller than I generaly like it has carried me over a lot of miles. Just a longer stem and seatpost. it has handled full panniers at 54 mph downhill with no twitch. Mine has original wheels, hubs, and BB, but had to change to a new freewheel when the original left me stranded a few miles from home. So preventitave things like a new rear derailer now could save some hassle later.

Even though its not a "road bike", it should be a comfortable one and fairly quick. Well worth the money to get tools to work on it yourself.

I always suggest that a person inexperienced in bike repair go to the library and get some books on bike maintainance. even if it is not exactly showing what you have it is a good way to get familiar with things. Try going to a used book store and see if you can score a bike repair book on the cheap. the internets can tell you how to do something, but a book can lay on the floor right next to a dissasembled part.

Last edited by delver; 03-18-09 at 06:22 PM.