Old 03-19-09, 07:16 AM
thebeatcatcher
my legs are carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
almost jacked

Really close call Tuesday morning: I ride a couple blocks through a not so great area, but I haven't had any problems before, not too many people out at 7am. So I just get off the MUP and coast to take a drink and cool off a little when I notice two guys standing on a corner, not too unusual. Then one notices me and starts walking fast in a diagonal across the street, which immediately threw up a red flag for me. I start hammering, he starts running and tries to tackle me. His hands graze my jacket and pannier.

It was a good thing I was going slow, so when I took off he had already misjudged his angle. Had he left his feet I think he would've gotten me down. The weird thing was the whole incident happened so fast, but it was deathly silent the whole time.

So I ordered some fox labs mace, just in case I would get taken down in the future, and I will definitely alter my route a little. Just thought I'd share, because I need to get over it so as to not let this dude deter me from riding. We go on spring break next week though, so after that I should be good to go.