View Single Post
Old 01-20-05, 01:39 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by KingFoo
I was looking for used bikes for my wife at the LBS, when she spotted a Trek Multitrack 730 women's hybrid. She tried it out, and really liked it, but I am apprehensive about the frame. It's a nice Cr-Mo frame, but I'm afraid I have a bias against the specific womens frame style, with the 'skirt' angle of the top tube (see pic) I don't know if the 'womens' frame geometry is for any reason not as good as a standard frame because of the top tube. I tried out the bike too, and I just thought it felt 'wierd', but maybe I was uncomfortable on it.

The bike seems perfect for her size, good for cruising around town, but I don't know if it's a good choice for the more fitness-based riding she likes to do on the weekends. I know this hybrid is a better choice for her style of riding than what she currently rides, a Trek 4500 MTB with knobby tires and a suspension fork (borrowed from her sis), 'cause she only rides on roads and paved trails. I'd rather get her a nice road/touring bike, but since she's a neophyte, maybe she just needs a bike she likes.

specs:
Shimano Acera X Hubs
Matrix Astro Rims
Grip Shift Shifters
Shimano Alevio derailiers, brakes, triple crank
Quick adjust seatpost
$150 at the LBS, white frame, like new
Check out a Specialized Dolce - ergo design for women without the BS girlie top tube.