View Single Post
Old 01-20-05, 03:25 PM
Mindfull

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tendonitis

Hi, I'm new here and can't seem to see an injury forum (Don't think there is one :/)

Anyway I cycle to school everyday there and back. So in total thats around 30 mins of biking a day. I travel up a couple steep hills on the way so its hardly a smooth ride. I been doing it for around a year and a half and around a month ago I went on a bike ride which left me riding all day long. And I mean allll day long. Ever since then I began getting aching pains in my knees when I put pressure on it (Ride up a steep hill, or just ride normally) Even walking fast can give me a small ache. Now I know this is most definetly tendonitis but I was wondering if anyone here knows what I can do to solve the problem. I can't walk to school since its so far and can't get a lift and there are no buses on a route to the school so I'm kinda outta luck there. I have to keep biking there. But it seems to be getting slighty worse and the doctors only advice is "rest" which I can't do. Anyone here who has had this experience know what I can do to help my leg and possibly heal it in the longterm. Streching or something similar? Just small things which could add up to solve the problem.

Thanks,