GadgetJim57

Bikes: Yuba Sweet Curry eBike, Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Top Bar Bag?

Originally Posted by blaise_f
I went and got a Pelican insert for my "Big Bag" today, and plucked it to fit my SLR, and it's quite pleasing. Since we're talking about it in this thread a bit, I figured I'd pseudo-hijack the thread to post the picture. Front bag is about 5-6 pounds now, and I'm happy with that. There certainly is no hands free riding with it, but the camera is accessible, safe and easily detachable. Even with the foam, there continues to be lots of room for 'handy' stuff, and there's always the zippered inner pouch for things like wallet, etc.

Thanks for sharing the information about the Pelican insert. I've added that to my list of equipment to order tomorrow. Also, thanks to whoever mentioned the bracket for the U-Lock! I've also added the U-Lock bracket and the U-Lock to my list of things to buy tomorrow.

The Big Bar Bag looks like the right handlebar bag for me! I've added it to my list of goodies .... I think I will move some stuff from the handlebar bag to the saddlebag, and keep the handlebar bag as light as possible.

Any ideas on a good top bar bag?