PurpleFender

Bikes: Giant Defy2, Soul Faith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lotus 2000R Pro Series

Hey Guys,

I found this on Craigslist and the price was just too good to pass up. I wanted a road bike so I could work on my stamina, flexibility, and strength. I didn't want to jump into road biking again on a Cervelo; I was afraid I would look like a fred. I also thought that's just a tad too much to spend!

Anyway, the bike is a Lotus 2000R pro-series. As far as I know this bike is from 1992, and has very little miles on it. It's got Suntour VX indexed shifting, 52/42 front with, amazingly, a suntour vx front derailleur. The brakes are Dia compe vx and the handlebars are nice Sakae champion bars with some Cyndi Lauper-esque neon tape. The neon green nashbar bottle cages make the bike for me The rims are Velotech by mavic, hubs are shimano 105 QR's. The frame is fully lugged cro-mo. Unknown brand, so maybe low end, dunno about that one. The whole rig as it sits is about 25 lbs.

The bike shop guys were impressed that the anodizing on the rims is still intact on the braking surface, leading them to believe it's just hung in a garage for most of its life.

Rode it last night and it's tight and fast! the downtube shifters are something new to me, but pretty easy to figure out. I put some velox tape and ultra gatorskins on it. My 1 mile ride turned into a 10 mile 'race the sunset home' ride!