View Single Post
Old 03-20-09, 09:40 PM
joker8baller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my Dawes SST today!

Eh! Quite surprised at the quality of the bike, and it's astoundingly good. Sorry, got no pictures of the unboxing. 3 guys standing around, drooling, and waiting to assemble it, made the unboxing process very very very quick.

It came pretty much assembled, and I only needed the basic tools (Pedal wrench, screw driver, Allen Wrenches, Tri-Flow), and all the parts were pretty well-packaged. Nothing scratched up nor broken. Pedals and baskets are suprisingly good, and pretty easy to adjust and don't move around too much...

I didn't get the 28C tires, but what look like to be 700X25's, which is pretty cool since I didn't want such big tires. Throwing a fixed cog and lockring was pretty easy, had to go use a chainwhip and cog tool from the LBS, but it was pretty good. Overall, assembly took place in about 30 minutes.

VERY satisfied with the bike to use a campus/beater bike. It feels solid, rides solid, and for $300 I don't think you can go wrong.

So amazing fun, and god stopping via pedals/skidding is hard, but that's because I'm surprisingly bad at biking. Hope I learn fast.

Pictures will come once I get home and get a decent camera!