Old 01-20-05, 07:33 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
If I was a racial minority who followed Dr. King, I believe I would be rather distressed by the comparison of so-called "segregation" of bicyclists from motorists with the segregation fought by the civil rights movement.

Perhaps only those of us who lived through the civil rights fights of the 50's and 60's and even today, and the fight for equal access for those with disabilities, which continues today, appreciate the differences.
Mr. Fox,

You don't have to be a minority to follow Dr. King. That was part of his dream. Your comments only show that you have a limited perception of what he fought for.

By the way, my family is of mixed race, I live in Atlanta (King's home,) my pastor was a personal friend of King whose ministry is a continuation of King's dream that the children of former slaves and the children of former slave-owners would live together in peace and harmony. My family lives this out daily.

Just because you are an advocate of segregating cyclists from motorists, it doesn't mean you should hit below the belt to prove your point.

Have you ever had family members dragged from their vehicle and beaten for their race? Have you ever been disowned by your own family for your interracial associations? Please, enlighten me.

Last edited by LittleBigMan; 01-20-05 at 07:49 PM.