Old 03-21-09, 08:21 AM
Mr_Christopher
insert witty comment here

Bikes: 2016 Specialized AWOL, 2011 Electra Bike Ticino, '09 Trek 7.2 FX, Peugeot UE 18

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StevePGN10
I'm thinking about the same, fenders on a Super LeTour. What size are you going to use? I like the polished stainless ones best, but they come in 45mm only. It may be best to go with the widest which will fit (which according to my measurements is 50mm), so I am also considering the 48mm fluted, and the 52mm smooth (with some judicious cutting and squeezing).

Also, any thought of using a rack? I installed an old rack that was on a mountain bike on the Super LeTour and there is almost NO clearance above the wheel. I suppose the rack is intended for 26" wheels. What considerations have to be made when using a rear rack with fenders on a bike with 27 x1 1/4 wheels?
I measured everything (about 4 or 5 measurements) as suggested at the Velo Orange site and according to what they recommend I'll be getting 35mm fenders, the hammered ones are what I want and 45mm would be pushing it. I'm planning to use a Wald's chrome rack, I think it's the 215 model (maybe). I think my wheels are 27 x 1/8 (26mm wide).