DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LittleBigMan
Mr. Fox,

You don't have to be a minority to follow Dr. King. That was part of his dream. Your comments only show that you have a limited perception of what he fought for.

By the way, my family is of mixed race, I live in Atlanta (King's home,) my pastor was a personal friend of King whose ministry is a continuation of King's dream that the children of former slaves and the children of former slave-owners would live together in peace and harmony. My family lives this out daily.

I didn't say you had to be a minority to follow Dr. King, did I now? Please read what I said without your own personal interpretation.

I have no limited perception of what he fought for. I listened personally to Dr. King, in my early 20's - when he was first speaking out, and I have taught in schools, starting in 1962 where issues of inclusion for all races were a matter of urgency and priority.

Just because you are an advocate of segregating cyclists from motorists, it doesn't mean you should hit below the belt to prove your point.
Huh? Show me where I have ever advocated this? Did you have a bad dream?

Have you ever had family members dragged from their vehicle and beaten for their race? Have you ever been disowned by your own family for your interracial associations? Please, enlighten me
Somehow this is a non-sequitur - your statements just doesn't follow. How does dragging folks from their vehicle relate in any way to your premise about bicyclists being a persecuted minority? Oh, I get it, bicyclists are regularly dragged off of their bikes for riding bikes? Right - is that what you meant? And I have never been disowned by my family for riding a bicycle. Have you? Otherwise, how is your argument in any way parallel or valid?

FWIW, my sons have been denied access to all sorts of buildings, transportation and programs because they both have profound disabilities. I have attended rallies for their civil rights, I have sponsored legislation, I have been to the legislature, I have written letters, I have developed web pages and listservs, I have attended committee after committee meeting, I have pursued their rights through lawyers, I have even carried a placard up and down in front of the state Capitol. Don't think you are the only one who has a clue about disenfranchisement from society.

I would never demean Dr. King by quoting him for a small problem in the world about bicyclists being segregated. I think too highly of him.

But, again, what does this have to do with bicycling?

Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-20-05 at 08:52 PM.