Old 03-22-09, 01:51 PM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Ahh, there are $12 gloves at Performance then there are the $12 SPECIALS at Peformance. I thoght about posting and should have that I wait till the gloves go on sale. So I get the Performance $30 pittard gloves on sale for $12-$15. They are much better than the standard Performance $12 glove.

I posted the $12 SPECIALS but I guess you didn't pick up on it. My fault for not being clear.
You're right, I missed that. When my friends say that something is a "$12 special", that usually means that there's actually nothing special about the item or the price... except perhaps an implied lack of quality. Which seemed to fit the description of the last cheap pair of Perfomance gloves I bought

The Performance Pittard gloves actually look pretty nice! I was tempted by them the last time I bought gloves, but they weren't on sale at the time whereas the PI gloves I ended up with were. I'll definitely keep my eye out for them next time around. Thanks for the pointer, and the follow-up!