Old 03-22-09, 03:51 PM
calderp

Bikes: Gitane Super Corsa, Shogun Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love the lugwork. The fork is some junk hi-ten, not original. Bars are cinelli

More campy. Same gruppo? There's only a rear wheel, no front. It's 700C

Nice seatpost. You can see some of the rust damage up close here.

I had a hard time getting a shot of the tubing label but I was hoping someone might recognize it as I have no idea what it could be, as I understood from other posts most Razesa bikes with campy would have had Columbus tubing, but that doesn't look anything like a columbus label. Almost looks like it says 'NORWAY SPECIAL TUBING' Any ideas?

So that's the bike. I'm trying to figure out anything I can about it: what the campy components are, estimate on year, tubing type, value, etc. Any information would be appreciated.

I'm also not sure what to do in terms of restoration. I was going to strip the frame but not sure how to clean so much rust off of some of the chrome. My usual method is simple green and steel wool, but would that be too harsh on this? Also, I think from a previous post I read on Razesa they probably used a type of painting where the whole frame is chromed and then painted over with a sort of semi-clear gloss thing? Does this sound right, and if so does anyone have an idea how to try and clean/ repair/ possibly repaint it? I'm not sure if I want to get that involved in the project although I'm considering it because I really like the welding and lugwork on the frame and internal routing for the rear brake cable is pretty neat.

Thanks for reading this, sorry it's so long!

EDIT: Pics fixed