View Single Post
Old 03-22-09, 11:31 PM
fleera

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hailing from lovely-but-shopping-challenged northern Wyoming!

Thank you all so much for your helpful comments! I needed a reality check that the "perfect" bike may not be something I can just instantly find. I definitely need more time to get in actual riding experience and to test out different styles & speeds. I'm intrigued by the possibility of a adding a ring guard & will definitely look into it.

tjspiel, yes, I do need a test ride to see if 3 speeds is enough. I'm not in the same shape as I once was!

Thank to barturtle for finding that picture of the step-thru KHS green! Love it. I'd found the Green online but somehow thought the diamond frame was the only one available. With a nice price point, cool features & my idea of sweet style, that one's definitely worth a trip to try. I am a bit confused, though; the Green can be found on both the Manhattan and KHS websites, but they list different dealers in my area...one isn't in my phone book & the other seems to be a game store...is KHS serious? Does anyone have personal experience with these bikes?

tatfiend & Torrilin, thanks for the input on the Breezers. They do seem like quality bikes with pretty much everything I could want & I'd love to test one out. Weight will be an issue for me, too, though, since I'll likely end up lugging it up apartment steps.

Thanks helping a newbie sort things through!