chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Metzinger
Do you know what 'random' means, Capt Oblivious?
Next time you're out riding in your cloud of self certainty, direct your gaze to the curb along your route. Notice any marks on the curb? Maybe some concrete chipped away in places? Had a cyclist been there, they would have been hit.

I'm not trying to fearmonger. I want cyclists one the road more than the next guy. But let's not bury our heads in the sand. We should try to avoid routes with motorized traffic. I don't think it's being Chicken Little to recognize that, as one man noted: "We all have it coming."
If <insert your object here, including flying pigs> had been there, they would have been hit.

Again, it's a roll of the dice just getting up in the morning and going about your day. If you choose to believe that cycling is more of a risk than those other activities, that is a fear that you must deal with in your own way....but please fight the urge to pass on your fears to others...it breeds politicians creating nanny laws to 'do something'.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

Last edited by chipcom; 03-24-09 at 07:14 AM.