Old 03-24-09, 10:29 PM
SSBully
HAMMER DOWN

Bikes: Sold '08 Jamis Coda Comp, building a Leader 720TR. I know, let the hating begin!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great questions!

JMHOs:

Kill the gusset idea. Look at what's been proven to work. 99% of the bikes you see posted in here aren't gusseted, and they hold up to the abuse of messengers and guys that like to do tricks, just fine.

Pursuit geometry???!!!! Again, how many people do you see riding a bike with that type of geometry on a daily basis? Not many. Just stick with flat top tubes and maybe, the slightest slope towards the headtube. Yes, there is a market for pursuit bikes, and it's a very small one. Doesn't seem like a sound business decision to put money into new designs that limit their marketability.

Many color choices is a good thing! I'm just not too sure about the glittery, sparkly stuff.............. White, black, red, yellow and blue as standard colors, and all of the preorder colors as small($10-20) upgrade colors. I am going for paint, but powder is so darned indestructible, but much more expensive!

As others have stated before, put the stickers over the paint/powdercoat so they are easily removable! Although, I'd rather see a sticker pack sent with the bike and let me choose where and how many I want to put on my bike! You never know, a lot of them may end up on people's cars! That's good, free advertising for you guys!

1 1/8 Headtubes! There are only a handful, if that, of headsets for 1" headtubes. The amount of stems available is even crappier! NO INTEGRATED HEADSETS!!!!! There are just so many more options available with the threadless type! Sweet Acros', Kings, etc. The idea for the threaded headsets is fine for a retro bike, but then it will have a more classic geometry and styling, and aerotubes don't fit that description. It'll end up looking out of place and disjointed!