Wreckless

Bikes: 09 Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ok_commuter
+1

always ride with traffic. otherwise, you're completely unpredictable and endangering yourself and others. you're going to force someone to move even closer to the curb or parked cars so they can "pass" you on the right?

one more reason i don't use bike lanes...
make that +2.

In the city, delivery boys are the worst about riding the wrong way... they do on every street regardless if there's a bike lane or not... Seeing as they likely have a poor command of the english language, yelling is pointless. So now when they're being their usual ridiculous selves, I give 'em the middle finger and segue into pointing forward... they get the picture. I use this for non delivery cyclists too, but i think DB's are pretty much the only ones who have the balls to ride the wrong way on Manhattan streets and (even worse) avenues..

Though some people are just over-zealous with reprimanding people. At the end of my evening commute, which is fairly up-hill the whole way, I do go the wrong direction up my street for about the width of 2 brownstones and dismount.
I've been yelled at by "serious" (looking) cyclists for doing that once or twice; and while I know that its technically not allowed, I would much rather break the law for 40 feet than go another block uphill and circle back just to get to my front door "legally". they get the finger too, but minus the pointing part.