Old 03-27-09, 12:21 PM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Diblasi R22 reviews anyone?

Any one any experience of the Diblasi R22 Model.

I had a 16" version and liked the small narrow fold,quick fold less than 3 secounds,toughness of the bike.

I dissliked the weight,internal hub brakes worked welll but limited upgrade potentials,flexy seatpost tubes.

However this 20" version has V brakes meaning that I can upgrade the gearing easier, it will fit big apple tyres. It folds even smaller,and quicker. plus the 20" wheels should give a better ride. I could shed some weight of it by changing parts, and the seatpost looks stronger and longer.

However at around £680-750 for the SS model it is more than I am willing to pay. I personally would prefer only of these to a Brompton for the simular price, but I would not pay Brompton prices either.

I am getting very tempted, if a used one,or a signifcatly discounted one, came about I would certianely give it a go.

The "instant" fold is the best on the market IMO.

SPECIFICATION
Bicycle R22 (20" Wheels) Wheels Stainless steel spokes & light alloy rims. Tyres 20" x1.75"

Seat Height adjustable from 90 cm to 104 cm from the ground
Standard Equipment •Folding pedals
•Rear luggage rack with strap - max. weight capcity 10kg
•Front and tail lights powered by dynamo
•Quick release seat levers

Dimensions - Open Overall length 126 cm

Wheel base 100.5 cm
Wheel base 91 cm

Dimensions - Folded Length 68 cm

Width 21 cm

Height 64 cm

Weight 13,4 kg, including lighting equipment, rear carrier with small wheels, stand, etc.
Maximum rider weight - 100kg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
klapprad-193715[1].jpg (81.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by bhkyte; 04-15-09 at 03:38 AM.