Thread: knee problems
View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 02:04 PM
daredevil
cyclepath

Bikes: 2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
knee problems

This started with the left knee. A bit swollen, the pain is minor but the area is extremely tight and I have difficulty bending it completely. It doesn't hurt to ride but something isn't right. It hurts as much behind the knee as in front, maybe more.

I assumed initially it was due to overcompensating for my bad left hip or a change in saddle position but now the same problem has developed in the other knee.

Part of the problem is that I don't stretch and I hammer up a mountainside every morning right out my door for a commute in sub zero temps but I've been doing that for a long time with no problem. Rest doesn't seem to help.

Someone suggested Glucosamine. I'm not sure who to consult. Don't much wanna go to the doctor and not even sure which kind but I'm worried at some point it will effect my ability to ride. Is this just an aging problem and I just need to ride though it? Any help or comments from anyone with anything similar appreciated. btw, this has been with me now for a couple months. Been using advil. Thanks.