Old 03-28-09, 06:00 PM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
According to OFG, the old tapers are supposedly small enough that nothing is compatible with them.

-Kurt (Off to Velobase to raid the image archives for Ofmega BB spindle photos)
I think I checked the 'base but all of the Ofmega BB spindles said ISO. That might be true for those models or it might be a bit of confusion. I just went back and checked the Campagnolo spindles and they all say ISO as well but according what I'm finding out now, that might not be true either if Campagnolo had their own proprietary standard.

With this much confusion among those of us who are reasonably knowledgeable about this stuff I shutter to think about finding the correct spindle on eBay. Figure the odds that the eBay seller is going to know whether his Ofmega spindle is old proprietary taper or new ISO taper. Or is it really even ISO taper anyway? How do we know that the later Ofmega spindles aren't using Campagnolo proprietary taper? Maybe that should be ISO - Italian Standards Organization. Man this is a mess.