Old 03-30-09, 11:20 AM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
If you're really stuck on getting the B&M brand lights, then my advice will be of no help. If you're not particular to brand, then read on.

I just installed a Supernova E3 3-LED tail light yesterday afternoon...
Thanks, that's useful info. And the Supernova dynamo lights looked like good lights. I believe, though, that the Supernova tail light requires you to also own the Supernova front light in order to be hooked up, and uses power from the front light for it's standlight function. So even if you could wire it up to a non-Supernova front light, the taillight wouldn't stay on when you stopped.

The Supernove e3 looks like an excellent front light. But know for me, when I added it up -

Supernova - E3 front light $215, Taillight $70, Total - $285
Busch and Mueller - Cyo front light $111.25 , 4D tail light $41.50, Total - $152.75

The Busch and Mueller Cyo lighting setup cost half as much, while the online reviews said the Busch and Mueller Cyo had about 90% of the light output as the Supernova e3. And you could cut $20 off if you went with a cheaper tail light. Maybe they'll come out with an upgrade to the e3. But fyi, that's why I went with the Busch and Mueller stuff. And I believe that standlight issue would keep me from getting their tail light, as well. :-(