View Single Post
Old 03-31-09, 07:46 AM
JOHN J

Bikes: giant ATX 760, Falcon Road Bike (ss) custom marinoni tourismo (full dresser) ,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No jersey here except for some charitys I rode in.

Dont ever need the pockets!! and since Im not worried about weight ever I ride with a handlebar bag and panniers or a acorn/carradice style saddlebag to fit the event.

pockets wouldnt work for me anyway, glasses, cell phone, keys wallet...

I have a bunch of 100% polyester High end golf /tennis polos that I buy at discount stores like tj max , Bells ,Marshalls

I just bought 4 shirtrs at marshalls (2) light avacado green (1 )orange and one perrywinkle blue for $9.00 each

these same shirts in the golf or tennis pro shop sells for $35-50 each!! I saw the same shirt at a big chain store yesterday for $39.99.

I try them on and find the ones that fit a little long. if you want a serious wicking fit buy a size smaller.

4 shirts for less than the price of one jersey works for me but thats my style too as I prefer the polo casual look to the jersey , I do wear bike shorts though .

the same discount stores also have at any given time plenty of 100% poly or technical material shirts without collars and with long sleeves as well again all in the 9-14 dollar range cant beat it.

names like Nike , under armor, columbia, and other big names (forget the Xmarts ) hit the discount stores

I bought two pair of under armor insulated tights at marshals last year for 11.00 each dicks had them for $42.00

"John"

Last edited by JOHN J; 03-31-09 at 07:58 AM.