Old 03-31-09, 09:35 PM
ebrady

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Puegeot Altitude 21 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Garmin GPSMap question

I have a Garmin GPSMap 76CSX on my bike. I have noticed that my unit's auto routing exhibits some strange behavior. Here is the scenario:

#1 - Create a looped route with numerous VIA points using Garmin Mapsource.
#2 - Download the route to the unit.
#3 - On the unit, I select the route that I just downloaded and select "Navigate"
#4 - The GPS performs the route calculations and I am presented with turn by turn directions identical to the route generated in MapSource.
#5 - I am riding along, and decide that I want to divert slightly off course to the nearest Quickie Mart.
#6 - Because I went off the original route, the unit recalculates a new route.
#7 - The newly calculated route takes me from my current position to the end point, but it IGNORES all of the via points that where setup in the original route.
#8 - If I try stop and start the route navigation again, it tries to navigate me back to start of the route instead of continuing from the nearest via point.

Is this is a bug?
Is there a workaround?
Is it possible to resume a programmed route once you have already navigated a number of the via points?
I have tried to post a support question on the Garmin site 4 different times, but the website was not working correctly.

Ed