pkarandi
Estrada or Nada

Bikes: 2007 GT Zum 5.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
IMO, it's pretty cavalier to suggest any notion of "standing up for your community" or other such nonsense. If you're considering doing such a thing, I suggest you poll your friends and loved ones first. Ask them what they prefer you do, then do as they wish. Because in the end, if you end up a statistic, they're the ones who'll have to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. You know, there's a reason we pay people to "serve and protect."

Drive your route at the time of day you'd normally be riding. Check alternates and options. You may need multiple routes. The mechanical condition of your bike must be impeccable, and your tires reliable. Don't ride like you're scared, but don't be macho stupid either. Use your head, and go with your hunches.

Ride safe. Be safe. This is the real world. Think about it.
Well said Kedosto!
I mean, let's be serious here: the OP could be putting his life on the line. If you think that's over-dramatic, let's just say his bike and personal safety are on the line. I would say consider carrying pepper spray and avoid the rough area at night. Even if it costs you a little extra time to go around the area when it's dark, your safety is worth it.

Also, AWARENESS is your friend. You have probably already read the "almost jacked" thread that is a good example of this. Good luck!