bikinfool
I have senior moments...

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Somedevil1982
So, I'm still looking for the best way to handle this, is it to go in and talk to a manager about the handlebar and if I don't hear an answer that's better than two weeks, I'll call Specialized and tell them the LBS put Bontrager handlebars on my Trek?

I really like the shop and this feels more jerk customer than I like to get when things aren't right.
While it'd be interesting to know what the actual differences in the bars are, it really doesn't matter if you don't like them. From the little I saw on this, I suspect Specialized hasn't actually shipped replacement bars out to the shops yet, so they're putting the response so far on the shop owners, who probably don't want to give away too much for Specialized but want to stay in your good graces at the same time. Go talk calmly to the shop people again, just saying you liked (whatever aspect it is that's different) and do they have another bar that's closer to the original? Hear their side of the story, they didn't create the situation, Specialized did. Remember, this is an industry where the shop usually has to eat all time and effort in warranty situations, and likely the labor in switching bars out for Specialized...

I was joking (somewhat) about the Bontrager bars, I don't think either Trek or Specialized offers anything particularly unique in the way of handlebars in any case, there should be a solution and the brand won't matter...