Thread: Heartbroken
View Single Post
Old 04-01-09, 08:29 PM
gamecat
Hoopy Frood

Bikes: Trek 7.3fx, Peugeot PX-10, Fuji Roubaix Pro ('04), Cannondale R600, Triumph Roadsters, Raleigh 20, Univega Nuovo Sport, Schwinn Sierra, Bianchi Osprey, Peugeot NS-22, Batavus Champion, Haro Pulse.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
But did you lock it inside your car? Thieves brake into cars to steal bikes, to. :-(
Yeah, I locked it to the cargo tie downs and then covered it up with the stuff that usually lives in the back of the car.

Looks like I'm going to be able to get a decent deal on a new one [2008 7.3 fx with the 2009s due soon--strike that], so I'm going to grit my teeth and shell out for that with some assistance from my family. I found some used barely ridden, but their owners had all paid near $700 for them and so don't want to let them go for for much less than $500 and that's about what the clearance prices are now. I tried gently nudging some of them, but they weren't into it so I'll just go for the new bike with the warranty, tune ups, etc.

I'll just have to watch the 'bay and CL to replace the others like I did to find them first time around. It'll take a while, which will give me some time to try and set aside some savings.

Also got the serial number for the 7.3 fx from the original owner (he had to go to his LBS, bless his heart) and am working on getting the one for the Fuji from its original owner.I found the picture I thought I had of it's serial, but it is totally illegible. Gaah!

The Cannondale is a sad loss, but I had barely had it a week and have just started experimenting with riding a SS so I hadn't really grown attached to it yet. I'll snag a similar frame from the early 90s when I can and do the setup myself this time.

The Moto was nifty but undersized, so it's the least of my concerns. I was going to flip it at some point down the road.

I'm not sure what to do about my newfound mistrust and suspicion of my neighbors, as everyone from the police to the people at the LBS think that some kind of inside job is most likely. That's a pretty uncomfortable feeling.

Last edited by gamecat; 04-02-09 at 04:21 PM.