back of the autobus

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Off the bike for a bit ! :(

Hi gang-

I was in a pretty bad accident (solo-duh!) near the end of my DR training ride last Saturday (Olema-Pt Reyes Lighthouse-Mt Vision - Olema) and I was helicoptered to the hospital in Santa Rosa. I remember neither the accident nor the heli ride nor much of Saturday or Sunday. I got out of the ICU on Mon or maybe it was Tues, and I got home yesterday. I'm still pretty well banged up -- seeing double, lots of road rash, compressed T7 vertebra (and a cool vest-like cast to wear when I'm upright, which ain't much), and a very sore right shoulder. Seeing the local Drs tomorrow. Apart from that I'm fine.

The new Lynskey fared OK (it was a champ until then) it might need a new derraileur -- and my Bell Furio helmet did what it's supposed to do (so it's destroyed), but so it goes.

No riding for a month or so, nothing strenuous for couple of mos at least, so no Death Ride for moi. Coulda been worse.

I'll update my blog eventually -- just this post took me a lot of time, which I have in spades right now.

See y'all on the roads eventually!

-Jo.

Last edited by jobob; 04-11-09 at 11:39 AM.