View Single Post
Old 04-03-09, 09:34 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herbie53
I finally succumbed to all the hype on how comfy they are and bought my first pair of bib shorts. I have not worn them on a ride yet because it's been cool and unlike when it's hot out it's not unusual to need to take a tinkle. As I was putting them on my wife pointed out this logistical challenge -- she said something about women being more aware of these sort of clothing issues.

So how do you take a quick relief break when wearing bibs?
I have Performance Elite Bibs and I just pull them down in front. I think the straps are really stretched out on mine or were too big to begin with so it is easy to do that way for me.
XXL fit me well enough when I was probably a 50 waist and were a little loose in the thigh and now I'm 44 so it is looser up top but the legs are really tight. The thighs on an older pair that hadn't been worn in a while did a little tearing sound when I put them on. It was the same sound that occured when I tried the XL long ago and hadn't pulled it on all the way. They really need to add a leg measurement or something to the sizing chart I think I may always be an XXL.

Regarding lasting I have had 4 pairs for over 2 years probably pedaling about 1200 hours between them just washing them and using the dryer on gentle. Some are showing some wear up shoulder part is but the shorts sections are all good.

Last edited by evblazer; 04-03-09 at 09:39 AM.