View Single Post
Old 01-26-05, 09:42 AM
Ya Tu Sabes
Rebel Thousandaire

Bikes: Public D8, Yuba Mundo (cargo), Novara Buzz (1-speed, soon to be 2-speed w/ a kickback hub), Xootr 1-speed folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfmckenna
You need a new clamp preferably the right size. I've never had that happen except for once when I forgot to tighten them. Needless to say I realized it after about 5 feet of riding. So whats it like riding a unicycle?
Yeah I guess I do need a new clamp. I'd been using this one without incident for well over a year, so I think this might have something to do with the extreme cold of late (I know I shouldn't store the rig outside, but necessity and the displeasure of my wife at having bikes in the house sometimes trump metallurgical considerations). It might also have to do with the fact that I never ever buy new parts or measure anything, being content instead with trial and (today) error.

As for the unicycle question, it's not that bad. The flats of the bar are perpendicular to the top tube with a slight drop, so it's OK to ride that way. Not that I'm going to make a habit of it, but I feel fairly confident about getting home (famous last words).