Old 04-06-09, 07:58 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by makeinu
Because it works, it's cheap, and it's clean. I'm currently an engineer and, let me tell you, only a fool uses a solution in search of a problem.

I'm not saying that frequent or occasional oiling is never necessary for metal-on-metal interfaces, but apparently a precisely tensioned bicycle chain does not require it. Do you oil the metal-on-metal interface of the security chain you use to lock up your bike? Don't argue with me. Argue with my bicycles and their chains.

I'm saying I run my chains as clean as I can get them. I degrease them and whatever amount of lubrication remains I have found to be sufficient for efficient long lasting operation. No need to hate. I'm just asking if anyone else knows whether it works just as well with other setups or if there's something special about fully horizontal track ends with tug nuts.

If you're not running unoiled chains on track ends with tug nuts then your input is not requested or appreciated.

Gee, lets see, turn the tug nut a few times or spend more money and make a dirt attracting mess? Which is a better way to correct the problem?

Your way is the right way, how could I have been so wrong!
Maybe instead of oil I should use "Troll Away!"
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve