Old 04-07-09, 09:14 AM
telebianchi

Bikes: 2014/17 Trek Domane 5.2, 2003 Fuji Cross, 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5 Plus, 2012 Raleigh XXIX single-speed, 2017 Access Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutnick
I guess everyone missed the part where the mechanics adjusted it.
No. I think people are saying it is still not adjusted correctly. Enough other bikes are running this same setup without the problems the OP is having. I wonder if the mechanics have taken the bike on a test ride after they adjust it in the stand...maybe then they would experience what the OP is. There is no way to apply the same forces to a drive train in the stand as you can while riding. And if it truly has been fully and correctly adjusted, then maybe there is a defect someplace in the either the dr or the crank and replacing either with the exact same brand and model would take care of things.

Originally Posted by Rutnick
what front derailer does it have? I seem to recall FSA recommends using one of their FSA FD with their compact cranksets.
If the bike was shipped with the wrong dr, then this should be fixed under warranty. But I know that both my bikes have a 105 double front dr and work with the FSA crank.