Old 04-08-09, 11:05 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,048 Times in 1,883 Posts
Originally Posted by tommy gayle
T-Mar
I don't know if anyone has truly thanked you for you help on all of these questions so I would like to say thanks for your help.
I enjoy your comments and your post and also roccobike I also enjoy his input as well.
thanks for your being a part of our forum.
Your'e welcome. It's nice to know I'm appreciated.

Originally Posted by mainducoyote
My Nishiki International . Originally destined to be flipped.For some reason, I decided I needed a touring bike. Any comments on the component choice is appereciated, I am still adjusting the position. Serial Number is CA00547 which I think means that it was the 454th frame built in 1981 for the Canadian market?

Originally equipped with Suntour XCE components , 7 speed , Full Cromo frame and fork. This is a full touring bike with low-rider mounts and 3 water bottle cage mounts. The model seems to have changend a lot from year to year and I have read that some touring bikes with hi-tensile frames were flexy under load, anybody has experience with this particular model?
It's not a 1991, not a 1981. That's evident by the XCE components, cantilever bosses, triple bottle set-up and low-rider mounts. Normally, you would have expected Taiwanese manufacture and a Uni-Crown fork but Norco obviously had different aspirations. I've got both the Canadian catalogs for 1981 and 1990, and the 1991 Canadian spec sheet. There's no doubt it's a 1991.

The tubing is actually Tange 900, a heavy gauge, seamed, butted, CrMo set. Should be a good choice for a grand touring bicycle. FYI, original price was $750 CDN.

Edit: It's one thing to be profiling on a C&V bicycle, another to be touring on it. YDo whatever is necessary to make it more suitable for your touring needs. However, do not discard or sell the old parts, as you may decide to restore it, sometime in the future.

Last edited by T-Mar; 04-08-09 at 11:10 AM.