View Single Post
Old 04-08-09, 12:01 PM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
I'll forego the lecture and questioning statements and simply say glad that you seem to be okay so far. Note that I did not say you were okay, instead said that you appear to be okay so far.

Do nothing with the bike yet, don't even straighten the handlebars, delete anything saying that anything wasn't tight above, and get yourself to a doctor or ER or clinic for a full exam and post crash checkover. And if the driver's insurance company contacts you then say nothing and just ask for contact info and their claim number in case you or someone else needs to contact them. Say nothing. Say nothing about the bike. Say nothing to them about how you feel.

I'm still feeling the effects of a wreck where I was rearended by a pickup truck while on a motorcycle several years ago. I never signed off on anything and never signed the medical release and to this day I still mention the continuing discomfort to my doctor during my annual physical just in case anything gets worse.

Don't be surprised if the car driver's insurance company comes after you for damages to the car. Were you riding prudently? This gets all A&S at this point and I try to avoid that section of the web site here.

"I'm glad that you seem to be okay so far", and sorry to hear about the crash. Glad that it wasn't worse.

Last edited by treebound; 04-08-09 at 12:04 PM.