Thread: Roadside Finds
View Single Post
Old 04-09-09, 03:43 PM
joe_5700
CAT4

Bikes: 2009 Cervélo S1, 2009 Felt F75, 2010 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5, 2011 Cannondale CAADx, 2011 Specialized Transition Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sprocket Man

I found a wallet next to a parked car riding up the side of Diamond Head. There was a little over $55 in cash in it. I called up the guy and he dropped by my office to pick up his wallet. He told me "thanks" but didn't offer me any kind of reward. I was a little bummed, but when I told my wife the story, she said, "Do good things for the sake of doing good things - not because you expect a reward." She's right of course, but a few bucks would have been a nice gesture.
This is non biking but relates to returning an item for someone. On a plane I was on taking off in Jacksonville Florida, someone left a book in the seat pocket and it had the person's mailing address in it (the bookmark). I mailed the book to him and received a nice thank you letter from him. He couldn't believe that his book made it back to him. He said something along the lines of his faith was restored to humanity or something like that.

Sorry no good finds yet from biking....not even a penny after thousands of miles!