NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rizz
I just moved from the eastern shore to Glen Burnie and while looking around, found the B-A trail is right around the corner from my place. After hearing about it for so long and finally getting a chance to check it out, I was rather disappointed. It's really narrow, has a good amount of on-trail traffic and lots of places where you have to cross busy streets.

As someone who likes to maintain a moderate pace (18-25), is there a preferred spot to travel down the trail where one can find a spot worthy of a faster ride or am I doomed to have to load my bike up on the car and drive somewhere?

And yeah, I tried the search feature but I kept getting the first page of results.
rizz,

The B&A has a 15 mph speed limit and as you've now witnessed, it can be loaded with all kinds of other users. If you want to go faster, you'll need to ride the roads.

Since you are in Glen Burnie, you may want to check out the Severna Park Peloton (SPP) bike club. They ride the roads in that area. They'd be a great resource for determining which roads to use. They usually have a club ride on Saturday morning starting at 7:30am at the bridge that crosses over the East West Hwy (they call it "the rusty bridge") or they meet at the ranger station further south on the trail.

Their website is: http://www.severnaparkpeloton.org

Last edited by NoRacer; 04-13-09 at 05:21 AM.