Old 04-16-09, 05:09 AM
Supe
Road nubulon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zerocool33
I am a clyde if it matters. The only real benefit I see is that bibs won't slide down like shorts could. Am I missing anything else?
When you drop weight, you'll find those shorts end up being loose at the waist. While bibs may cost a bit more, you'll be able to hang on to them/use them longer. Bib straps = win. Your jersey covers the 'unitard' look. Knicks with draw strings solve loosening at the waist but then you end up with shorts that feel too constrictive.

Pay attention to fit. Take your time trying bibs on. Too tight, and you'll get a mangina (and testicle ache), possibly bust the seams and have mega difficulty getting them on and if they're loose, they won't keep your gear in place, it will feel uncomfortable and be of a lesser utility in wicking the sweat away. Straps shouldn't feel loose when standing up but snug. You'll know what's comfortable and what's not. One brand does not rule them all (thread wars have been fought over this idea) . So try on different brands. Stay away from cheap unless it's a run out on a previous season and they've received good feedback.