chrisvu05
Legs of Steel

Bikes: Pegoretti Marcelo, Cannondale six13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
i'm doing it right now, not by any magic, just not gorging on the sweets that normally gravitate to my stomach.

what I read here is that you need to focus on losing blubber. my very limited understanding of exercise physiology is that to accomplish a goal of losing fat means that you increase the "fat calories"/unit of time being measured - say /minute vs. the "carb calories"/minute. exercising at an intensity intended to accomplish a goal of increasing FTP, meaning what we call Tempo or SST or threshold work on BF burns glycogen (carbohydrates) as the primary fuel source, whereas working at intensities below this (L2 or I think around 160 - 190 W for you given a 270 - 280 W ftp) would burn more fat cal/minute and be better suited to help you with slimming down to a leaner racing weight.

considering this, dare I say, ride lots at a slow to moderate pace. this doubly makes sense for you if you are recently injured.
this is more of the kind of advice i expected...that's why I put this in the race forum and not the weight loss forum.. I know how to lose weight...I don't know how to maintain power.

My injury is a non factor right now after months of PT. However the muscle isn't as strong as it was before.