Old 04-17-09, 11:03 AM
orcanova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k
Tyler wasn't taking prescription anti-depressants because of the side effects (article I read didn't say what they were) they had on him. And that he was taking something like double the normal amount of them and they were not helping. He was desperate after learning his mother had cancer, and took the risk of being discovered. He knew it was wrong, he knew he could and would likely be caught. I think he's handling this situation as best he can considering.

If you are saying he is handling his depression as best he can, I disagree. He should have gone back to his doctor and let him supervise his medication and treatment. In addition, it was incumbent on Tyler, and he owed it to the sport, to show he is clean and remain clean, given his history. He could have retired as a reformed doper, and it would have been better for the sport and its image. He let all of cycling down.

If you are saying he is handling the revelations as best he can by retiring immediately and admitting his wrongs, the I agree with you.