View Single Post
Old 04-17-09, 11:10 AM
ian123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
First, the first thing to do is track down where the flats are happening. If they're happening on the inside of the wheel (the rim side) you need new rim tape and a better tire isn't going to help. I've also had several flats right at the stem, and a better tire wouldn't help that either.

I personally have never had a flat on the outside of the tire since I started riding on Panaracer TServ Messenger tires, like these:
http://www.lickbike.com/productpage....=%271766-28%27

That was the first link I found - they come in practically every size possible, and mine came with a reflective strip on the tire.

Last week I was riding with a guy who had the Vittoria Randonneurs and he said he hasn't flatted on those, either. I think they're a little cheaper.

If you want really puncture resistant tire, though expect a harsher ride because of it, the two tires that get very good reviews are the Specialized Armadillo's and the Schwalbe Marathon tires. But like I said, ride quality suffers on those (haven't noticed a difference on the other tires).
yeah mine were mostly caused by things that poked/cut all the way through my tire=/ my rim strips made of green duct tape seem to be working just fine though =) i think it is just the stupid debree on the road. and once my back wheel fell into a sewer drain thing that a car ran me in to and my tire exploded when it hit the edge. im getting mr tuffy liners hope they work well