Old 04-17-09, 03:20 PM
Second Mouse
....gets the cheese

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale Caad 8, Wilier Triestina Jareen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Spin Cycle's a good shop. They just moved from 2300 East to about 41st South and Highland Drive.

I used to feel the same way about Contender's attitude, but it seems better these days. More of a racer's shop than for casual riders. Same for Canyon Bicycles, and I've had good luck at both their shops, but Canyon Sports, on Ft. Union is kind of a yawner, although they do rent some nice bikes.

The Highlander on Highland and about 34th South is a good, small shop. Been around for a long time, nice folks.

Guthrie's in Sugarhouse is good, especially for Cannondale.

I bought a LeMond from Fisher's and liked the process. Pretty good store but they've developed a bit of a hipster attitude. ymmv.

Always had good luck with Wild Rose and Cyclesmith, and as Strong Bad said, REI's convenient (you can get stuff there on Sundays).

Salt Lake City Bicycle, on 2nd and 2nd, seems a good place, but as mentioned, it's kind of a Trek store, so selection is limited. They had a women's workshop there a couple of months ago so my wife took a bunch of her friends down and ended up with a free pair of Oakleys. It's now her favorite shop.

I almost bought a Felt from Bikers Edge in Kaysville. Great selection of bikes and nice people. Worth stopping by if you're in the neighborhood.

Apparently I spend too much time at the LBSs. Oh well.