View Single Post
Old 01-29-05, 06:31 PM
magview

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the advise Maelstrom.. Spoke to my friend again today who has had an offer of USD400 for it.. told him to sell it as I am not paying that much for a 2002 model !!

After further checking found out the 2002 model goes up to 19" frame , the 2004/2005 model up to 17"... must be "Before they shrunk the bike to be a dj bike" as you stated.

Therefore guess I should be looking for the largest frame possible.

One further question regarding your comment about the "(heck even the wheels which stock would crumble under your weight)".. is this right?? Should I be looking for a stronger model altogether? As is mentioned earlier I am approx 6'3'' floating around 190pounds (ish). I have heard that the Kona bikes are pretty heavy duty... im not that heavy am i??

Now I am considering shopping around for a 1 year old bike but I am going to have to try before I buy to make sure the size is right. so bit of a catch 22 situation, as im not used to riding mtb I wouldn't be sure if the size is right anyway..guess the only way is try a few different bikes.. might look at specialized also (although deep down I feel the need for a Kona)! Will keep my options open and see what I can pick-up.

Thanks for the help.