View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 11:15 AM
Longfemur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's a little hard to tell, but it does look like you're sitting a bit forward, particularly on the dark bike. Might just be fooled by the angle of the shot, though. If so, that would account for too much weight on your hands, and it would aggravate the tendency to slide forward. As you move rearward, just the act of pedaling tends to keep you in place because the pedals are more ahead of you.

You might try experimenting with your saddle a little further back (and correspondingly a little lower). As for the saddles themselves, they are a bit racy for the more upright position I see in the pictures. Generally, that kind of riding position calls for a saddle with a bit more width at the back, because it's going to have to support more weight. A bit wider helps distribute it better.

I'm going to be signing off the internet for a while, maybe permanently, so I'm going to leave by saying there's no substitute for experimenting and seeing what works. But you have to be riding the bike, and that means taking the allen keys with you. Even small changes can make a big difference, and you can even feel it immediately as you ride.

Good luck.