Thread: Kona Dew Drop?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 07:48 PM
destikon
FNG

Bikes: Raleigh Special * Nishiki MTN Winter Commuter * Trek Soho 3 * Specialized Langster Seattle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had problems with them from day one. For one they are loud. The front screams every time I stop. I took the bike to my LBS and they helped me dial them in. They said "oh they need to break in", 1500 miles have went by and they never did. I can't lock the front one up unless I just rip on the thing. I'm talking most of my strength and even then it's just barely. My LBS told me I don't want them to lock up. Yeah, they might be right, but I at least would like to know I have the option to. They even put mountain levers on for me so they'd grab harder. They sanded the pads down, cleaned my rotors, rotated the back to the front and front to the back. They still work like ****. I'm very unsatisfied. In fact I just bought a new bike and made sure my selection had rim brakes. I would love for them or anybody to prove me wrong. I went to Avid's site and based on the pics they are perfectly spaced and perfectly dialed in with the 2/3 1/3 spacing. *sigh*