roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bonggoy
What does need got to do with buying a new bike?

Btw what size is your Onix?

It's a 54cm

Originally Posted by RazorWind
Look for a bike that does more for you than "it would be nice." I can't imagine incurring the wrath of the wife unless the bike just screams "You can't live without me!" at you.

Edit: For instance, a bike where you get to build it up from the frame would be worth the cost to me, but buying another bike just because seems like a recipe for having a pile of bikes in the garage that I don't ride much anyway.
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a good frame and building it up slowly since I already have a bike, and what I've been meaning to do is sell the Bianchi and getting a good second bike that I would rotate so there would be no bike just sitting around.

Originally Posted by kimconyc
Just say "no".

If you are going to get another CF bike, get something that blows away the Orbea (Prince, 'Nago EPS in tacky color of choice, Addict, Parlee, etc.).

If you really want another ride, I vote custom/vintage steel or Ti.

What wheels do you run on a daily basis? The 5 minutes I save on my 80 mile rides plus the bling factor justify my new wheels...
I'm trying to keep the price point down because any major purchase would be a tough sell, and it's hard to argue the "well what's wrong with the one you have?" counter. I've been looking through e-bay for Ti frames and is the one option I find really interesting because I can spread the price point over time rather than on big expenditure.

I'm running Williams 19s and they've been really good. What's nice about the Scott is that it comes with Ksyriums rather than the usual Shimano RS10 that came on my Orbea so no wheel or component upgrades (full Ultegra).