Old 04-21-09, 01:50 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked 1,262 Times in 799 Posts
Originally Posted by RazorWind
I went ahead and posted them for $140 on Craigslist and I had an offer for $80. I haven't responded to him, but I kind of feel the same way, though; as much as these cost new, it doesn't seem like they ought to lose that much of their value in 150 miles.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
The problem is that you're using full retail for a reference point (what you paid). Like others have said, you can find them mail order for around $140 brand new with return possible, so that's the reference point your buyers are looking at. No matter what you think, you'll never get more than what others are willing to pay. In my experience, "like new" used is only worth 1/2 to 1/3 of what it costs new. Again, the new price being used by your potential buyers is $140, NOT what the local store sells them for. In that sense, $80 is a good price, probably. I wouldn't pay more than that.

Another problem you have is that you did a smart thing in buying shoes - you were willing to pay more (full retail) for the benefit of trying them on before buying. That was the price you paid to be sure you got a shoe that fit. Unfortunately, you made a mistake and bought the wrong size anyway.

By the way, have you asked the shop if they have a satisfaction guarantee? Some shops do that.