Old 04-21-09, 04:13 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked 1,262 Times in 799 Posts
Originally Posted by RazorWind
I wasn't aware that they could be had that cheap. The lowest I'd seen was more like $160 to $180, from mail order places in the UK, which are a serious gamble when buying something like shoes.
I've seen them for as low as $140. I bought a pair this winter ('08 Genius 5's, which I later returned) from Performance and it was about that price after the two or three discounts that happened to be in place that particular weekend. But still, the prices you'e talking about make the same point. 35-50% of $160-180 is still in the range of the offer you received. Again, I'm just speaking for myself, but whenever I buy something used, even in excellent or "like new" condition, I wouldn't pay more than 50% of the best retail price I could find because (a) they're used (b) have no warranty and (c) no return / refund possible. I never consider a deal really great unless it's closer to 30% of best retail available. I'm not saying all this to make you feel bad, but it's just the way it is and you can't change that market fact no matter how much you think it isn't right.