telenick
1/2 a binding 1/2 a brain

Bikes: Serotta Ottrott ST, Titus RX100, Seven Sola 29er HT in the works

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nbf
If the numbness is on the outside of your foot the answer to your prayers are lemond wedges try googling or searching the forum.
can i interject in a friendly way here?

that's a dubious diagnosis IMO. numbness is more likely to be caused by irritation/pressure of a nerve or lack of blood flow. wedges don't correct either of those problems. wedges might correct biomechanical alignment of hip, knee and ankle for a more efficient pedal stroke and possibly reducing the chance of injury to one of those joints.

having said that, i do use wedges ...but not to address numbness.

i earlier made the comment about form to reduce pressure on the bottom of the foot. i'll also throw in my support for orthodics. if you find that you have pretty decent form, then maybe address an orthodic to correct the numbness. but the good money is still on your form.

i had numbness problems when i passed 150 miles for dbl centuries. i found out that pure fatique was the culprit. i was too tired to keep a smooth stroke and was being too quad specific and not enough hamstring. that put a lot of pressure on the foot ...there you have it... numbness. i was too tired to stand too so i had a numb butt too ...very weird when peeing.