Old 04-23-09, 02:12 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate552
What is VI in WKO+? I saw in the "training status" thread that a high number means your workout is too "varied"? I can't find anything in the WKO+ help file, or on trainingpeaks.com. I tried searching this thread for "VI" but mostly just found references to people stating their number. What should you be shooting for during a specific training ride? 1.1? 1.0?
I believe that was my comment. VI is the Variability Index. I did not mean that it is "bad" to have a high VI just that you can't really put much stock in the NP number when there is a particularly high VI. There is no "shooting"for a pariticular VI, per se, it depends on what your workout is. If you are doing intervals you are going to have a much higher VI than if you are doing something like SST or a TT. The more steady your effort is, the closer to 1 the VI will be. I have also observed that periods of coasting affect VI more than periods of high power because they affect the AP significantly, but don't affect the NP nearly as much.