View Single Post
Old 07-01-02, 04:12 PM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have 3 pair of Speedpla Frogs (Full suspension, hardtail/commuter, and road bike) and you get used to the "pedalling on ice" feel very quickly.

although it's a personal thing - you can't adjust the pedals so if you like them tight or loose you're SOL b/c they only come one way... of course for me that's better

i don't know too much, but IN GENERAL, the pros ride what they are "paid" to ride -- i.e. if Time or Look sponsors their team then that's probably what they ride... on the other hand, products that are pro sponsors get lots of feedback and do lots of design and testing so the products improve - and obviously almost no pro uses something that's total crap... but it's all a business these days - Lance rides a Trek not necessarily b/c it was his favorite frame (my guess it likely was NOT) but b/c they gave millions of dollars -- then they dedicated a design team to him and desinged a bike for him just the way he wanted (presumably)... but Lightspeed may still be better...