Old 04-25-09, 12:31 PM
jgrant75
gridlock junky

Bikes: 1944 JC Higgens Cruiser, 1988 Univega Aero Speed, 1993 GT Ricochet, 2005 Electra Cruiser, 2006 Cervelo Dual, 2007 IRO Mark V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it's true they (the LAPD) don't. here's more jibberish:

in the last two years I have been stopped and harrassed for a bike license 3 times, stopped for not having lights twice (i always have lights), given three bogus red light tickets (all dismissed), and almost been hit numerous times by LAPD squad cars (some times intentionally). the few times i;ve stopped and asked an officer to help me catch a motorist in the act of assault they responded to me "you dont have a helmet" you probably deserved it" "what do you expect you are in the street" and "you don't have ligh's". i've been tailed at 20mph for a few miles by squad cars a LOT. it's like they got a fetish or something.

most all of the above occured in the cental LAPD division where the OP incident occured. there is a definate anti cyclist vibe out there and core cyclists know it.

on the westside i dont feel that vibe constantly.. well except for the SMPD. but that's another story.